Now that my baby is almost a year old, a shocking amount solid food is passing through those tiny lips. He seems to always be hungry so I thought I better start working on some healthy snack food recipes.
These chocolate chip cookies really fit the bill. They’re made with a few simple, nourishing ingredients, and are vegan and gluten-free. They’re also really quick to make, which is a big bonus since time has never felt so precious to me as it does now.
These cookies are perfect…
- anytime you want a healthy snack that satisfies your sweet tooth.
- when you don’t have time to sit down for a full meal. They’re even healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
- as a lunch bag treat to take to school or the office.
- Eating oats regularly can help lower your risk for heart disease. Oats contain a specific type of fiber known as beta-glucan. Studies have shown the beneficial effects of this special fiber on cholesterol levels for decades.
- Almonds are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. Due to their nutritious make up, they leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- Bananas are a great way to energize and replenish your body since they are packed with nutrients including vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, potassium, fiber, biotin, and copper.
Feel Good Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients: Makes one dozen
- 1 cup Creamy Almond Butter
- 1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 medium Bannana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
Preheat the oven to 350*
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl with a fork. If the mixture is too dry to stick together, add one tablespoon of water and mix again.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon one heaping tablespoon of the mixture to make each cookie. Spread the mixture evenly with the back of the spoon to create a 1/4-1/2 inch thick round cookie.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until the tops of the cookies are lightly golden and the bottoms begin to brown. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!