I don’t know about you, but I think Red Velvet is one of the best sweet treat flavors around. Unfortunately cupcakes don’t make the best breakfast food, so here’s a delicious, iron-rich, energizing smoothie that is great in the morning or anytime you need a red velvety boost.
This Recipe is Perfect…
- to satisfy your chocolate or sweet tooth cravings in a nutritious way
- as an energizing and filling breakfast smoothie
- as a way to refuel post workout
- when you need an antioxidant filled energy boost mid-afternoon
- as a way to sneak veggies in for a picky eater
- For people with diet related anemia
- Cacao powder, Spinach, Beets, Gogi Berries, Chia and Dates are good sources of Iron which is important for your exercise and work performance and immune function.
- The fats in avocado will help your body absorb the fat soluble vitamins in this smoothie like vitamins A and E and keep you feeling full and satisfied longer.
- Dried fruits and avocados are full of fiber which can help slow your body’s breakdown of carbs and absorption of sugar. Getting enough fiber can help with weight loss and maintenance.
So while this may not replace your favorite cake at your next birthday party, it’s sure to become one of your new favorite smoothies.
Ingredients: 1 serving
- 1 1/2 cup Almond, Soy or Cashew Milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 Baby Beet, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 2 Dried Figs
- 2 Medjool Dates
- 2 Tbsp Goji Berries
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 tsp Chocolate Chips
Blend the smoothie ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Add 1 heaping cup of ice and blend again. Top with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of chocolate chips. Enjoy!